Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two more days before I take-off

The bike tour starts next friday, on September 10. At that point, my crew who's also participating in this charity will be conquering the Silk Road. I can't help but feel that I didn't do enough training. I believe that my fitness levels are more than enough, but it may not necessarily translate to strength during the ride, especially since I'll be sitting on that saddle for hours at a time. Dunhuang, China has an average elevation of 3774 feet, which may cause altitude sickness.

Prior to reaching Dunhuang, I will be visiting family in Hong Kong. I won't be able to train on a bike while I'm there, but I can probably find some time to run, and work on my endurance.

As for donations, I'm still behind on my minimum goals. The accrued donations from all riders is also behind the overall minimum goal of $175K. Please contribute if you can. We're trying to do a great deed for kids, just to get an education; something that some of us used to take for granted.

As you can see, the overall contributions are under 50%. I'm just slightly above 50% of my minimum goals. Name me as your favorite rider and make a donation. Even small ones help, and you will be helping needy children get a basic education.

My next post will most likely be written from Hong Kong. I'm not taking my bike with me as I will be provided with one when I get to China. So I will tell you how I'm able to prepare for the ride while I'm in Hong Kong without my ride. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment